Spring 2017 At Bemis
- 3 floors of open live-work lofts, work studios and businesses (see resident artists in top menu)
- 20+ invited visiting artists showing in studios and hallways
- Juried art show featuring 34 artists in hallways on the 3rd and 4th floors
- Aerialist performances by Cirque Macabre (see show schedule)
- Musical performances (see show schedule)
- new Fashion shows (see show schedule)
- new Food from Mojito restaurant on 2nd floor (Saturday only), and Alexandra's Macarons out front (Saturday only 12 - 4 pm)
- The historic building - really, it's a must see!
The show is free to the public (donations are happily accepted at the door).
For over a century the towering letters of the 'BEMIS' building sign have dominated the skyline just south of Pioneer Square, marking the edge of Seattle’s industrial district.
The building represents a unique industrial artifact with over 45 artist lofts and professional studios spread over 4 floors. The vision for the building's renovation in 1996 was to create spaces where artists could live, work, and exhibit. The footprint of each floor is over 30,000 sq ft with wide 10 ft hallways and tall 18 ft high ceilings, allowing for a great exhibiting space.
Come explore the historic building and peek into the converted industrial loft spaces and meet the artists.